Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gooooood morning Bobcats!

Hi there!

My name is Andrew McDermott, and I am a soon-to-be-senior computer information systems major at Quinnipiac University.

I'm an involved leader on the QU campus, serving in leadership roles in multiple organizations. I'm a Senior Class Representative on the Student Government Association, the Director of Risk Management on the Iota Mu chapter of Delta Tau Delta, President of the Pi Upsilon chapter of Order of Omega, Vice President of the CIS club and a Student Ambassador at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Long story short, I like to keep my hands tied up with things.

Some times I get referred to as Derm, or El Presidente. I like to refer to myself as the most interesting man in the world because I don't drink often, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

I am originally from the great state of New Jersey. Now that's a little broad. When you hone in on where I am really from, you have to notice three things. First, North Jersey>South Jersey. Secondly, 201--too much green, too much fun. Finally, Ramsey is the best town in New Jersey. From those statements, I would like to draw the conclusion that Ramsey, NJ is the best place to be. :-)

I like my sports teams. They may not always be the best, but they will always have a place in my heart. Here's a shoutout for them: New York Giants, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, New York Yankees and Red Bull New York. Please note, half of the Yankees fans are fans...you know, those who ride the wave of success; I'm not one of them. I have and always will be a NYY fan.

So, if I am really that involved, why am I making time to write for Spontaneous QU? As an involved student, I see many things that provoke emotion in me...whether it be happiness, anger, confusion, or any other emotion that you can think of. Many times, I feel that other students don't see what it is that provoked that emotion. I'm looking to be able to share my "insider" insight to all of you with the intention of bringing issues and ideas relating to Quinnipiac to light.

If you ever have any topic you want to see me talk about, please feel free to let me know!


Thanks for reading,

Andrew McDermott

No comments:

Post a Comment