Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting Involved

I took a cue from John Scholl and got involved...albeit a bit late. I wrote my first piece for the Chronicle and am into the full swing of Student Government..having meetings with the General Assembly, the Junior Cabinet, and the Student Awareness Committee each week. And the history club has its first meeting this Friday, kudos to Emily Zwart. My position with SGA came at the expense of John Scholl becoming more involved than he already is. I don't think he minds sharing the experience. Plus, elections for the fall are coming up just two weeks after spring break. I hope to see him running then.

My taekwondo class routinely kicks my ass. Intramural basketball is starting to heat up. We play Co-ed Division 2. Pretty much the bottom of the competitive ladder, but that hardly slows our intensity. Our team, The Frosted Mini Wheats, is 2-4 after starting 0-4. We;re starting to turn this thing around. If we make the final it's played at the TD Bank center. Believe me, I will be flooding your social media with pleas to come support us if we make it.

My point being, like my friend John it took me a while to "get involved". Actually, it took me even longer than it did him. It is well worth it. I didn't think I'd like staying busy, but it's been a nice change. I'm really having a good time with everything. Now if i could just motivate myself to give a damn about my Nutrition class...

Cheers
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment